Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This blog is worthless without pics!

 here you go!

This is the intra-op xray showing the donor graft being placed in the level. Notice the near complete reduction of the spondy!!!

Compare it to the prior: 



I could not believe it, but when I looked in the mirror my back is straighter than it has ever been! Of course there is a likelihood that I will lose some of that reduction as everything settles and heals (maybe 10-20% at worst from what I read,) however compared to the prior x-ray, you can see the vast difference in alignment.

Having done this all the muscles, tendons, and bones have to get used to the new alignment, but even now I am able to walk without a cane mostly (though I still do since falling at this point would be VERY bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment