Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Second Opinion and the Chiropractor

While I really have full confidence in my current physician, at this age I do not want to take any chances and potentially have more issues down the road. In the next two weeks I should be getting a second opinion on the best course of action and surgical approach. I am concerned about some of the issues of stabilization vs reduction, decompression vs not decompressing, and doing a posterior vs an anterior approach.

Also I finally got the standing x-ray, and here you can see the difference between standing vs laying down, and the obvious difference in grade.

The good news is today marks 30 lbs of weight loss since I went back on atkins. While this has not relieved any symptoms, it most likely buys me just a little extra time each day upright and will certainly help for recovery and pain after the surgery since there will be much less tissue to go through. The bad news is that the pain continues to get worse.

I also went to see a chiropractor and will continue to do so for a little while. They did the spondy drop and some massage last time and I definitely felt a shifting in my back--and a little relief...albeit very short lived. Perhaps this will make the next month or two while I wait to get it fixed a little more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment